Hope everybody had a great weeks. We celebrated highs (an awesome solar eclipse on the West Coast) and lows (losing 70s music greats Donna Summer and Robin Gibb), but as life moves forward we’ll see what this week brings.
Over here, we’re looking forward to a three-day pass with Memorial Day coming up – it’s nice to have a free day to read more. If science fiction is your genre, definitely check out the winners of the 2011 Nebula Awards, recently announced by the SFWA.
Elsewhere in the publishing world:
- Waterstones in the UK will soon sell Kindle devices in their stores.
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt has filed for bankruptcy.
- Esquire Magazine will publish an eBook series of “Men’s Fiction.”
- Unglue It, a new service a la Kickstarter designed to release eBooks for free distribution, has launched.
- Createspace will now allow authors to distribute their print titles through Amazon’s European channels.
Filed Under: Cafe News