ARe Cafe welcomes romance author Avery Aster! Avery Aster’s debut novel, Undressed, was recently released. Book two, Unscrupulous, will be out later this year. Today, Avery tells AReCafe what it is about her books that get readers all hot and bothered (but mostly hot).
When I started writing this series I knew it was going to be erotic romance and focus on true love. But I didn’t set out to write über hot—let alone funny. But somehow it just became a scorching giggle.
I view erotic romance as the type of story where the reader is in the flippin’ bed with the couple. You can see it, feel it, and hear it. Right? Yes! The heroine, Lex Easton is a sexually frustrated New Yorker after all. She’s loud and a little pissed off! *wink*
I’ve received so many hysterical emails over Undressed. I’ve compiled a list of the top 25 things readers said they’ve learned from the novel. (Insert drum roll here)
Top 25 Things Readers Have Learned From Undressed by Avery Aster
- Your vajayjay can take a guy’s cock ‘n’ balls…at the same time.
- Always name your butt plug after Anderson Cooper.
- Pre-ejaculation while jetting a plane over Italy causes turbulence.
- Never let a dog sleep in your bed, especially three dogs. It’ll ruin your sex life.
- If he’s as hung as an Evian bottle, it’s best to look away.
- Always retain the legal services of female lawyers, particularly ones named Sarah Goldbaum and Hannah Goldstein.
- Never allow your mother to spend your line of credit on a psychic from the Caribbean.
- Sexual frustration leads to good business practices, enough to earn three hundred million dollars.
- If Bergdorf’s, Barney’s, and Saks Fifth Avenue reject your upcoming fashion collections try selling it to JCPenney or KMart.
- Use your American Express reward points wisely. You’ll never know when you need to jet.
- Bellini cocktail consumption will induce foot fetishes.
- Swedish Fish, Now & Later, and Gummy Bears from Dylan’s Candy Bar are perfect for your fuck-it bucket.
- Everyone should be so lucky to have a best friend like Taddy Brill.
- Never drive a Ford Thunderbird off a cliff thinking you’re Thelma & Louise.
- Stay away from women named Scilla and Ottavia.
- Wearing Tory Burch ballet flats while racing a sports car may cause one’s clitoris to hum.
- Think twice before sitting Lady Gaga and Madonna next to one another at your fashion show.
- Prada and a condom, when worn together, are known to cause bisexual men to go cra-cra.
- Altering a vintage Valentino dress, formerly worn by socialite Nati Abascal, may land you on the red carpet.
- We should all get f’d in Fendi.
- When in love, you can have as many orgasms as you like…in one day!
- Slow dancing to Giuseppe Verdi enhances one’s emotional state.
- Never argue with your lover in public, above all—never in front of Anna Wintour, Marc Jacobs, or Karl Lagerfeld.
- In bed, playing Simon Says may lead one to reveal their true feelings. So will strip dancing in front of him to the song Girls, Girls, Girls by Mötley Crüe.
- He must say, “I love you,” first.
About the Book
Milan’s notorious playboy, Massimo Tittoni, seems to have everything—Lamborghinis, exotic women, palaces throughout Europe and business success. Ramping up his fabric company to go global with a new apparel brand, he ruthlessly stops supplying fabrics to the American client who inspired the collection. But once they meet, what’s he willing to give to get her in his bed?
Upper East Side designer Lex Easton will be damned if she’ll let an Italian stud muffin knock her down. So what if she named her favorite vibrator after him. With Fashion Week approaching, she’ll do whatever it takes to secure the fabrics she needs to become the next Diane von Furstenburg—even sleep with her rival. But when she arrives in Europe, the paparazzi chronicle her every move and she finds herself in a situation never imagined. Lex must dig her Louboutins stilettos in deep to win this war.
Avery Aster’s super-glossy debut novel is loaded with passionate escapism, pitting American ambition against Italian tradition. Erotic romance fans who appreciate extended sex scenes, witty banter and glamour mustn’t miss Undressed.
Inside Scoop: Though the hero and heroine remain monogamous, their Prada-wearing friends indulge in a ménage à trois and other fashionable, sexual fun and games.
The Manhattanites is a series of full-length novels focusing on relationships. Each book may be read as a standalone and features an HEA with closure for the couple’s story. If you enjoy TV shows like Girls (HBO), Dirty Sexy Money (ABC), and The Bold & the Beautiful (CBS), then you’ll love this series. Avery’s characters are over the top. They have raunchy sex, speak their minds and always get what they want.
About the Author
Avery Aster pens erotic romance for Ellora’s Cave. As a resident of New York’s Upper East Side and a graduate from New York University, Avery gives readers an inside look at the city’s glitzy nightlife, socialite sexcapades and tall tales of the über-rich and ultra-famous. “I write about what I see in my metropolis that never sleeps—Manhattanites on the quest for a passionate thrill,” Avery says. “By and large, my characters are drop-dead gorgeous, ripped straight from the headlines and on the hunt for their next conquest.”
Filed Under: Cafe News