“Digi, I entered my free book code in the Cart but the price didn’t change.”
“Digi, my free book code disappeared.”
“Digi, my free code isn’t working!”
Sound familiar? It sure does to Digimonkey. The Buy-10-Get-One-Free program is very popular at OmniLit/All Romance, so when things go awry, emotions run high! That’s why Digi wants to take some time to explain the most common causes for Free Book Code problems so that you can avoid the potholes in the road to a free book and cruise along in ebook bliss.
Rules of the Road
- Don’t wait until the last day before a code expires to redeem the code! This often leads to the loss of free codes.
- Contact Digimonkey by opening a Support Ticket immediately if you are unable to resolve a Free Book Code problem yourself.
- Include in the Support Ticket the title and author of the book you are attempting to receive for free. This saves time and is a great help to Digi and her staff.
Why Isn’t My Code Working?
Just as you need to know what the street signs mean to safely reach your destination, so too you need to know the signs on the OmniLit/All Romance site in order to redeem your code. If the code isn’t working, check these guidelines first.
1. The book is Agency (and does not have a red crown) and is not eligible for the Buy 10 program. Choose a different book.
2. The selection is a bundle or one-click buy and is not eligible as a Free Book. Choose a different book.
3. The book is more than $25 and is not eligible as a Free Book. Choose a different book.
4. You have Free Reads in the Cart so the code is being applied to a book that is already free. Delete the Free Read(s) from the Cart.
5. The code has been miskeyed. Copy and paste the code into the Discount Coupon Code box, being careful to not include extra spaces before or after the code characters.
6. The Calculate Discount button hasn’t been clicked. Click the button and wait for the page to refresh.
7. The code has expired. Codes are only active for 10 days. If the code is no longer showing at the bottom of your Library, it is no longer active and cannot be replaced.
8. The code was redeemed in a previous purchase for a book that was already free. Contact Digimonkey via Support Ticket for assistance.
And with these guidelines safely in hand, Digimonkey hopes that all of your ebook travels will be joyous ones!
Filed Under: DigiMonkey eBook Tips