Kindle aficionados everywhere rejoice! Thanks to a fabulous new update on the All Romance website, it’s now easier than ever to download ebook files to your Kindle device and also to know which files are “Kindle Friendly” on the All Romance site.
If you have not tried this before, Digi’s here to tell you that it’s awesome! By adding your Kindle email address to your Customer Profile on All Romance, you can send files directly from your All Romance Library to your Kindle device or Kindle app using Amazon’s WiFi service, which is free as long as you have a WiFi connection. Shazaam!
Setting up your accounts
Before you can use the service, you must set up your All Romance and Amazon accounts so that they can communicate.
- Login to your All Romance account, click on “Account” at the top of the page and scroll down to the Kindle Downloads section. The first question asks if you read on a Kindle, which includes the Kindle app. Select “Yes”.
- You will see two options, “Kindle Fire/HD” and “Kindle Other”. If your primary Kindle device is a Fire or HD, select that option. If your primary Kindle device is any other Kindle or a Kindle app, select the second option.
- Next you will be asked to enter the @kindle.com email address associated with your primary device. You can locate this information in the “Docs” section of your device, or under “Mange Your Kindle” in your Amazon account. Note: You need to enter the @kindle.com email address that matches the device you selected in the two previous questions. However, if you have more than one Kindle device, sending the file via WiFi to one will allow Amazon to push the file out to all compatible devices when they sync.
- Before you can finish the set-up on All Romance, you’ll need to set up your Amazon account. Click on the “Amazon account” link to open a new window and login to your Amazon account.
- Go to “Manage Your Kindle” and then “Personal Document Settings”.
- Under the “Approved Personal Document E-mail List” heading, click on the “Add a new approved e-mail address” link and add @allromanceebooks.com and @omnilit.com to your list. Be certain you do not add anything before the @ symbol and that you include the double “e” in romanceebooks
- Go back to your All Romance account to complete the set-up. Check the box that says “I have updated my Amazon email list”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Update”. The page will refresh and your information will be saved. If you missed any steps, an error message will appear at the top of the page alerting you to what still needs to be completed. Follow the instructions, then select “Update” again.
Purchasing and Downloading
Now you are ready to purchase and transfer ebooks to your device. As you explore the site, you will see a “Kindle Friendly” notification listed beneath the download formats for any book that is offered in a compatible format for the device you selected in your Customer Profile.
If you do not see the “Kindle Friendly” listing for a book, then that book is not offered in a format that is compatible with your device, and you will not be able to download the file to your device if you choose to purchase it.
After you make a compatible purchase and the book is delivered to your Library, you will see a small “Kindle” envelope listed next to the download formats.
Select the envelope to send a copy of the book to your device.
Within a few seconds or a few minutes (depending on the speed of Amazon’s server and your WiFi connection), the book will arrive on your device. Powerful magic indeed!
Filed Under: DigiMonkey eBook Tips